Thursday 16 June 2011

Midsummer Musings

I just love this time of year, especially as we approach the solstace. I come over all 'Midsummer Nights Dream' and go for losts of walks at dusk - which last night, was 9-10pm, down our quiet country roads with meadows either side. There is an almost electric feel to the cool and moist evening air and it feels like there is something special going on in the hedgerows and waving long grass that I dont quite understand. There isn't much point taking photos as with my camera they would only come out as a grey grainy mess. But the other day I took a solitary walk up the steep hills of the Cherill white horse and watched the sun set - beautiful.
The view to the left

The view to the front
I am also spellbound by the beauty in the cottage garden (pictures once I have mowed the grass, promise!). I do love exuberant floral displays and every year promise myself a cutting garden with exotic lovelies growing in neat rows. I always fail as veg takes up all of my time, but sometimes there is nothing nicer than a scruffy little collection of totally clashing, scruffy cottage garden blooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment